Extended Abstract Submission
Researchers & practitioners from the domains of architecture, engineering, building science, design, urban- & landscape design, computer science, philosophy, psychology, humanities, and other relevant disciplines who can contribute to the discussion are invited, with special encouragement to doctoral students, to attend the conference in order to widen our discussion about the future trajectories of architectural science.
1. The 2-page extended abstract must address and relate to the conference theme "Smart and Healthy within the 2-degree Limit". We invite submissions that present new, original research that focuses on one of the following tracks:
2. Instead of dividing the study of Passive and Low Energy Architecture (PLEA) into subject topics, PLEA2018 attempts to structure a conference programmatic understanding based on professional disciplines, processes and methodologies. Therefore, for paper submission, the theme of PLEA2018 will be categorized as below:
- Science and Technology
Authors are mainly scientists, academics, modellers, building scientists, engineers who use scientific research methodologies, approaches and techniques in the fields of building science engineering and building physics. Related to PLEA, the work can involve scientific data-driven research, quantitative field measurement, computational simulation, and so on.
- People and Community
Authors are mainly academics and social scientists in the social science discipline who focus on humanity approaches and social science methodologies. Related to PLEA, the work can involve human behaviour, environment psychology, survey-based data collection, focus group engagement,, qualitative research. and so on.
- Design and Practice
Authors are mainly practicing architects, policy makers and industry stakeholders who involve in building design, practice and policy making. Related to PLEA, the work can focus on case or project based studies with specific design understanding, deal with building codes and policy guidelines, involve the procurement and market mechanism of making, and so on.
- Education and Training
Authors are educators and teachers who focus on education pedagogy and knowledge transfer. Related to PLEA, the work can involve student studio projects, teaching exchanges, curriculum development, learning outcome, and so on.
3. To submit your extended abstract you agree that if your paper is selected, then you will attend the PLEA 2018 Conference.
4. The work submitted must be original and has not been published previously.
5. All submissions must follow the template format provided. Please click here to download the template. The submission will undergo a double blind peer review process with the same reviewers. Authors should not write their names in the uploaded contribution.
6. Extended abstracts can only be submitted online via the online submission system. Please register "here" and submit your abstract (in both word doc and pdf) on or before 30 Nov 2017.
7. You may submit more than one extended abstract as the first author and participate as a co-author on an unlimited number of extended abstracts. (Remark: One registration only allows for one paper to be presented.)
8. The inclusion of trade names/brand names is not allowed in the abstract.
- Most of the information presented at PLEA 2018 will be through papers peer reviewed by our international scientific committee.
- The selected solutions (in the form of extended abstract / paper) will be presented during the PLEA 2018 Conference.
- The admitted works will be published in the book of proceedings which will be distributed during the Conference.
- Should the abstract/paper be selected for oral presentation, the authors, represented by the submitting author will assigns the organisers of PLEA 2018 all rights under copyright that may exist in and to the work, including the rights to use, distribute, publish, record, broadcast, reproduce and archive the work.
- Published papers may be indexed by Scopus / Web of Science.
- Selected papers may be published in a special issue of Architecture Science Review.
If you have any question, please contact PLEA 2018 Secretariat via emial to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for extended abstracts: 5 July 2017
Deadline for extended abstract submission: 30 Nov 2017
Extended abstract acceptance notification with comments: 15 Mar 2018
Deadline for final short / initial long paper submission: 15 Jun 2018
Initial long paper comment: 1 Aug 2018
Deadline for final long paper submission: 1 Sep 2018
Announcement of oral presentations to authors: 15 Sep 2018
Extended Abstract / Paper Submission Flowchart
To submit ABSTRACT, click "here" to create a new Conftool user account.