Researchers & practitioners from the domains of architecture, engineering, building science, design, urban- & landscape design, computer science, philosophy, psychology, humanities, and other relevant disciplines who can contribute to the discussion are invited, with special encouragement to doctoral students, to attend the conference in order to widen our discussion about the future trajectories of architectural science.
1. The 2-page extended abstract must address and relate to the conference theme "Smart and Healthy within the 2-degree Limit". We invite submissions that present new, original research that focuses on one of the following tracks:
2. Instead of dividing the study of Passive and Low Energy Architecture (PLEA) into subject topics, PLEA2018 attempts to structure a conference programmatic understanding based on professional disciplines, processes and methodologies. Therefore, for paper submission, the theme of PLEA2018 will be categorized as below:
3. To submit your extended abstract you agree that if your paper is selected, then you will attend the PLEA 2018 Conference.
4. The work submitted must be original and has not been published previously.
5. All submissions must follow the template format provided. Please click here to download the template. The submission will undergo a double blind peer review process with the same reviewers. Authors should not write their names in the uploaded contribution.
6. Extended abstracts can only be submitted online via the online submission system. Please register "here" and submit your abstract (in both word doc and pdf) on or before 31 Jan 2018.
7. You may submit more than one extended abstract as the first author and participate as a co-author on an unlimited number of extended abstracts. (Remark: One registration only allows for one paper to be presented.)
8. The inclusion of trade names/brand names is not allowed in the abstract.
If you have any question, please contact PLEA 2018 Secretariat via email to email@example.com.
Call for extended abstracts: 5 July 2017
Deadline for extended abstract submission: 31 Jan 2018 (closed)
Extended abstract acceptance notification with comments: 15 Mar 2018
Deadline for final short / initial long paper submission: 8 Jun 2018
Announcement of oral presentations to authors: 3 Sep 2018
Extended Abstract / Paper Submission Flowchart