Courses for 2019-2020
Students are required to complete a minimum of 30 units of courses for graduation. Available and required courses are listed below, with downloadable course outlines. (The complete study scheme can be downloaded here soon as PDF.)
Required courses: 24 units
- URBD Pre-course
- Introduction to Visualizing Urbanism and Urban Design (coming soon)
- URBD 5710 Urban Design Studio 1 - 6 units (PDF)
- URBD 5703 Urban History & Theory - 3 units (PDF)
- URBD 5731 Urban Processes - 3 units (PDF)
- URBD 5702 Environmental and Urban Economics - 3 units (PDF)
- URBD 5720 Urban Design Studio 2 - 6 units
- URBD 5732 Urban Transport Networks - 3 units(PDF)
- URBD 5734 International Workshop - 3 units
- URBD 6701 Urban Design Thesis - 6 units
(a) Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
(b) A student who obtains a cumulative grade point average (GPA) below 2.0 in the preceding term or receives a failure grade in thesis monitoring courses (for Research Postgraduate Programmes) will be put on academic probation. For details, please refer to Clause 14.0 “Unsatisfactory Performance and Discontinuation of Studies” of the General Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies which can be accessed from the Graduate School Homepage: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/gss.