Urban Climate KnowledgeUrban Climate & Climate Change
Urban Heat Island
Urban Climate Map Review
UC Map & Wind Environment of HK
Recent Government Efforts
1. Shashua-Bar L. and Hoffman M.E. 2000. Vegetation as a climatic component in the design of an urban street, An empirical model for predicting the cooling effect of urban green areas with trees. Energy and Buildings 31, 221-235
2. Yu, C.; Hien, W. N. 2006. Thermal Benefits of City Parks, Energy and Buildings 38, pp. 105 – 120.
3. Spangenberg, J., Shinzato P., Johansson E., Duarte D., 2008. Simulation of the Influence of Vegetation on Microclimate and Thermal Comfort, In the City of São Paulo, Rev. SBAU, Piracicaba, v.3, n.2, p. 1 – 19.
4. Shashua-Bar, L., Hoffman, M. E. 2004. Quantitative Evaluation of Passive Cooling of the UCL Microclimate in Hot Regions in Summer, Case Study: Urban Streets and Courtyard with Trees, Building and Environment 39, 1087 – 1099.
5. Gao, W., 1993. Thermal effects of open space with a green area on urban environment, ournal of Architectural and Planning Environment Engineering, AIJ, No. 448.
6. Urban Climate + Urban Greenery. 2006. Paper presented at the PGBC Symposium 2006, Hong Kong.